Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Harvest Time

During school I took a horticulture class and we were always in the greenhouse. We started almost everything from seeds. There were small plants to big plants, veggies to flowers. The FFA puts on a plant sale every year and we all got to work it. We sold so much and we got to take home some of the left over plants and veggies. 



I took home lots of herbs, peas, beans, carrots, California peppers and jalapeno. My herbs took off like wildfire. I planted Cilantro, Dill, Parsley, Oregano, Lemon Thyme, and Chives. The Dill and Cilantro grew extremely tall. The stalks reached up to three feet tall. I was amazed at how abundant they were.


 
















I had such a large amount of herbs that I decided that drying them would be the best bet. I cut them from the nodes and then separated them into smaller bundles so that they would hang easier. I literally had enough herbs harvested to feed an army.


No comments:

Post a Comment